theCareer: Editorial Assistants WANTED at the Stylist Handbook | Internship in Fashion Journalism @stylist_book #fashioninternship #fashion #fashioncareer #internship #fashionjournalist
JOIN OUR TEAM OF CONTRIBUTORS
Internship: Editorial Assistant
*must be eligible to receive school credit or position is considered on a volunteer basis under TSH policies and procedures.
As your expertise develops, the role may involve:
- Assessing, editing, formatting articles, and providing constructive feedback to senior editorial staff.
- Assisting with social media and marketing of the publication.
- Maintaining emails, customer relationships, pitches and database.
- Using your own specialist knowledge to contribute ideas and develop written content for the magazine and the blog.
- Acting as a liaison between other in-house teams, writers, photographers, printers, designers, stylists and production staff.
Typical activities may include:
- Responding to general phone and email queries as well as copyright queries from writers and other publishers.
- Correcting and amending articles submitted by freelance writers.
- Compose articles and reports occasionally collating the work of several authors.
- Negotiate and monitor timescales for multiple stages in the publishing process adhering to the tight deadlines.
- Create marketing materials using digital design programs.
- Obtaining rights for material use from other publications and authors.
- Issuing contracts and managing content for diverse fashion and beauty talent.
- Additional administrative tasks include: filing, data entry, photocopying, word processing, desktop publishing.
Must be currently studying fashion or beauty or have 1+ years freelancing experience.
Have and active presence on multiple social media platforms.
Have experience blogging.
Knowledge of APA Style Format
Own a smart phone, computer or iPad.
Email your resume to email@example.com and include any portfolio, blog or social media links. Thanks!