theBeauty: Review of Just Extensions |LA's First Extensions Bar @JustExtensions @PivotalPR @Lyndsassy

LONG HAIR DON'T CARE!
 
 Written By: Lyndsay Michelle
 
 
Located at: 358 South Labrea Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90036
 
 
I received an exclusive invitation to a red carpet event where Hollywood's whose who would be in attendance and immediately started to question my appearance. What could I do to make myself fit in with the fit, the fab, and the famous? HAIR EXTENSIONS!
 
I quickly began to research where I should go to buy the best hair on the market (virgin hair is highly regarded as the "best of the best") and to have the best in the beauty industry put the hair in for me. It didn't take long before I was referred to Just Extensions and found myself sitting in a stylist Lichelle's chair to begin my transformation from chic bob to long and sexy locks! I was surprised to learn that this new salon was the first of it's kind; an exclusive extensions only bar (which is doing remarkably well only having been open since January.)
 
 
The mission began with Lichelle parting the hair below the
 parietal ridge (nape area).
 
Utilizing beads allows for individual hair to be grouped
together and clamped in preparation for the wefts.


Clamping each bead allows for maximum control.

Each weft was sewn in by hand.
 
As tedious as it was Lichelle persisted with clamping and sewing.

The last row of extensions were sewn in leaving
 me with a full head of gorgeous hair.

A curling iron followed by pin curls to help set the end
look left my ready for a night filled with meet and greets!
 
What was the end result? I met Natasha Bedingfield
and felt like a million withhair almost as long as hers!
 
For those of you interested in extensions please know you have many options as to how you can have them put in.  Specifically, Just Extensions offers three distinct packages that range from sewn in techniques (both partially and fully sewn in), the beaded technique, and the micro-link technique. For those of you who require more of a customized application (like me) Just Extensions is the place to be, as all of the stylists have extensive training and expertise in the art of extensions. If you want long locks for summer don't overlook the dramatic change extensions can create.  This goes for you gentlemen out there as well!
 
While I was undergoing my makeover my male counterpart found himself in a stylist's chair as well to get blue hued extensions to give his mane a pop of color without having to lighten his naturally dark hair. We both walked out of Just Extensions with the latest in hair styles and are now life long clients of this upscale extensions bar.
 
 
For this male-approved application, the beaded
technique was utilized for a natural pop of blue mixed
into level 3 colored hair.
The final outcome was bright color peppered into the crown area
of the head which added edge without the need to chemically
alter the hair by bleaching; and added bonus is the color of
the extensions is fade resistant whereas bleach/color is not.

Don't make the mistake of going anywhere but the best, call Just Extensions and schedule your consultation today! If you happen to get extensions please post about your experience here on The Stylist Handbook Blog and share in the "long hair, don't care" movement for summer 2013!

JUST EXTENSIONS - PACKAGES:
 
 
JUST EXTENSIONS - HOURS:
 
 
M - W - TH - F 10 am to 6 pm
 
Satruday 8 am to 4 pm
 
Sunday 11 am to 4 pm


JUST EXTENSIONS - CONTACT:

358 South Labrea Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323) 413-2434
Website: JUST EXTENSIONS


Be your best my beauties,


Lyndsay Michelle
Fashion & Beauty Editor
Director of Special Events



Comments

Popular Posts