Shop the Oscar Look:
1. Clean Slate 360 Creaseless 12-Hour Smoothing Eye Primer 2. Smokin' Eye Kit 3. LashGASM Mascara or Lash Lovelies-Debutante 4. Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup5. TANtalizer Baked Bronzer Face/Body Bronzer 6. Absolutely Invisible Candlelight 7. Perfect Lips Universal Liner 8. Full Finish Lipstick
7 Steps to Jennifer Lawrence's
Written by Lyndsay Michelle
1. To achieve the desired result you must properly moisturize your skin in order to start with the best possible canvas. Don't skip your recommended daily intake of water and keep your skin protected with a moisturizer that has an SPF to protect yourself from any possible sun damage. Ok, now let me step of my soap box long enough to share the secrets on how to steal Jennifer Lawrence's Oscar look.
2. Start your red carpet ready look by focusing your efforts on your eyes. Use Tarte's Clean Slate 360 Creaseless 12-Hour Smoothing Eye Primer to act as a base for bedazzling your precious peepers. Add a pewter color to the lid of both of your eyes from the lash line to your crease using a deeper charcoal color for the creases. Apply the charcoal color to the outer corners of your eyes bringing it center (where the iris lives when you are looking straight ahead). Blend the shadow up and out to extend your eye's natural crease giving it a smokey affect. Stipple a pink shimmer based shadow into the area just under your eyebrow to create a "pop" and draw attention to your mesmerizing gaze. I suggest adding Benefit's Smokin' Eye Kit to your makeup bag as it has all the necessary colors to create the perfect smoked eye look.
3. To make your eyes stand apart be sure to line your upper lash with black eyeliner from Benefit's Smokin' Eye Kit. Next, use three coats of a dramatic mascara such as LashGASM Mascara by Too Faced
4. Continue your draw dropping look by using Urban Decay's Naked Skin Weightless Ultra DefinitionLiquid Makeup. Be very mindful to match your skin tone to your foundation in natural light versus incandescent. Apply this foundation to your skin liberally to ensure a dewy and flawless look.
5. When your complexion is perfected, use a blush or bronzer with a tone that is two to three shades darker than your natural skin tone to bring attention to your natural cheekbone. I suggest Lorac's TANtalizer Baked Bronzer Face/Body Bronzer. Use your cheek bone as a guide when applying this product. After applying the contour color, blend into the upper and lower portions of the cheek-- so as not to draw attention to the cheeks in a negative manner, but instead highlight your own natural facial assets.
6. To ensure your contouring is received well, be sure to use a highlighter just above the location of the face where you applied your blush. There isn't a better highlighter than Absolutely Invisible Candlelight by Too Faced it's subtle but very effective. Use this same highlighter along the length of your nose, the ball of your chin and the "v" area of your forehead. This will bounce light from these areas and give your face an effervescence or glowing effect.
7. To finish your look, select an all purpose lip liner to protect your pout from feathering. I recommend Perfect Lips Universal Liner by Too Faced as it truly is easy to use with any lip shade. Finish by using a nude lip stick such as Benefit's Full Finish Lipstick for a polished look. A nude face with a classic smokey eye is the streamlined affect you will want to make any frock you’re wearing rock. Have fun with this classic look and make sure to keep tally of all the second glances you get after following these makeup tips!