thePEOPLE: Interview with Sheléa | Emerging Talent Volume 4 @SheleaMusic @Kisatchy #Music #EmergingTalent



thePEOPLE: V.4 Featured Musician Sheléa

Interview with featured Musician, Singer, SongWriter 


The full volume of the Stylist Handbook's "Emerging Talent" issue has recently been released and we couldn't be more thrilled. Amongst the vast group of talent that embrace the pages of this issue, is none other than featured musician, singer, songwriter, Sheléa Frazier. Needless to say, I had the honor of writing Shelea's story for the magazine; an insight into the journey of a woman with an inescapable voice that can't help but be heard.


With her debut album release of Love Fell On Me, her single, Love the Way You Love Me being featured on iHeart and Sirius XM radio, and working with a new band — both Sheléa and her music are definitely making the necessary moves to keep the buzz circulating.

Thursday, August 1st marks the date of her premiere concert at Los Angeles' Rooftop 3100. A show you won't want to miss as you're sure to be captivated by the sultry songbird.


For now however, you can get in tune with Sheléa by checking out TSH's exclusive interview with the rising star. Here's what she had to say:

Kisatchy Le'stelle Owens: Who is Sheléa as an artist?

Sheléa: I'm a singer/songwriter who loves to tell stories through music.

KLO: Why did you become an artist/musician and how hard was it to follow that dream?

Sheléa: I never thought I would actually sing for a living. I thought I would be a doctor! lol I was in a girl's group in college and that awakened the deep desire that was always there. Because the music industry is so unpredictable, it's sometimes difficult to stay focused and hold onto the dream. But I know that I have a gift and with time and persistency, I will get where I want to be.

KLO: How has your career grown in the past year?

Sheléa: My career has taken a leap in the past year and a half. My original song, Love Fell On Me was featured in the motion picture, Jumping the Broom. I performed with Annie Lennox, Herbie Hancock, and Patti Austin for the UN AIDS Benefit at the Kennedy Center. My tribute to Whitney Houston on YouTube became a internet sensation. And the most thrilling of them all, I performed at the White House in front of President Obama and First Lady to pay tribute to Hal David and Burt Bacharach! All of these moments have given me more confidence to become an even stronger singer.


KLO: Why is fashion so important to your image?

Sheléa: Artist or not, I love to show my personality and personal style through my clothes. But when you add walking red carpets, appearing on television, or in print, I definitely want to make sure I'm always on my "A" game.

KLO: What is your style and favorite designers?

Sheléa: My style is unapologetically feminine, sexy, and classic with an urban twist. I love having a gorgeous gown on and then funking it up with hoop earrings or a leather jacket! Some of my favorite designers are Zac Posen, Dolce and Gabbana, and Marchesa.

WATCH AND LISTEN TO SHELEA'S "SEEING YOU" VIDEO



You can buy the full newly released album on iTunes! BUY ALBUM


Phenomenally Yours,

Kisatchy Owens
Junior Editor
@Kisatchy

Comments

Unknown said…
She is such an amazing artist. I'm only 13 and I think of her as a role model . If you where to meet her you will see how inspiring she how much of a role model she is. She makes me want to keep singing.

Popular Posts