A Love Affair: Lingerie

For the Love of Lingerie - Happy Valentine's Day!!!! 

I don't need an excuse to obsess over Lingerie or wear it but Valentine's Day seems like it might be a bit more appropriate to discuss it. Honestly, I love lingerie and think women should wear more of it and not just in the bedroom and not just for men but for ourselves. There is nothing wrong with feeling sexy in your own skin and celebrating it. I incorporate lingerie into my wardrobe all the time but not just the typical bra and panties, mainly my vintage slip pieces and I use them for layering, so you only see a little piece of silk or lace. Also lingerie should NEVER be worn as a dress for a night out. That is a very fine line to cross and should not be attempted without professional styling advice. I believe real lingerie should be classic and tasteful, not pastie and crotchless panties, nothing about that says "Lady" to me. 

My favorite LA designer to get either classic vintage or vintage inspired lingerie from is designer Juel Park. They opened their doors in 1929 and have dressed the likes of Marilyn Monroe, Joan Crawford, Barbara Streisand, Marlene Dietrich, Elizabeth Taylor, Ava Gardner, Rita Hayworth, Lucille Ball, Katherine Hepburn, Audrey Hepburn, Mae West, Grace Kelly, Zsa Zsa Gabor and Lauren Bacall, just to name a few. They do custom pieces or they have a set collection, I'm absolutely obsessed with the silk shorts. And to give away a little bit of insider information they also have an extensive collection of vintage pieces that were designed with stars like Elizabeth Taylor, Grace Kelly and Katherine Hepburn in mind. Perfect for the girl who has everything because nothing says "I love you" better then a one of a kind vintage piece of lingerie.

(Image credits: Photography Daryl Henderson, Styling Devon Poer, Hair Aubrey Loots, Makeup Cristina Romeo)

My second choice for Lingerie is Agent Provocateur but their piece points are way beyond my budget. Lastly, I recently discovered this great blog called the Lingerie Addict which I think is very well done and great for a woman needing any lingerie advice. I'm always available too!

Here's to love and feeling sexy... Happy Love Day!!!!

(My dreams of being a pin-up girl, circa 2006. Image credit: Photography Pete Springer)

Kisses,

Devon

Comments

Treacle said…
Thank you so much for mentioning my lingerie blog! :)

Popular Posts